Our volunteers are the heart of the Stafford Air & Space Museum. Each one brings something unique with them. Their expertise, stories, and kindness help to bring a one-of-a-kind experience to visitors. The Stafford Air & Space is always looking for more volunteers!
Here are the categories of volunteering:
- Volunteers Leadership: Organize volunteers for projects, general museum operations, and tours
- Education programs: Organize and plan educational activities
- Tours: lead tours for groups (kids- senior adults), help with flight computers and planetarium
- Maintenance/Construction/Landscaping: help with general repairs, clean-ups, etc.
- Greeter/Reception (Front Desk): help answer phones, greet guests, and gift shop customer service
- Events & Special programs: help prepare and run special events
- Artifact Acquisition/Restoration: help restore, obtain, and maintain artifacts
- Grant Writing: help with the leg work to get funds for special projects
Volunteers are given a blue SASM vest to wear while volunteering at the museum to make them easily identifiable.
Staff/ Student Work
The Stafford Air & Space Museum is owned and operated by the City of Weatherford. All museum job listings will be posted through the city. There are no jobs available at this time.