Our volunteers are the heart of the Stafford Air & Space Museum. Each one brings something unique with them. Their expertise, stories, and kindness help to bring a one-of-a-kind experience to visitors. The Stafford Air & Space is always looking for more volunteers!
Here are the categories of volunteering:
- Volunteers Leadership: Organize volunteers for projects, general museum operations, and tours
- Education programs: Organize and plan educational activities
- Tours: lead tours for groups (kids- senior adults), help with flight computers and planetarium
- Maintenance/Construction/Landscaping: help with general repairs, clean-ups, etc.
- Greeter/Reception (Front Desk): help answer phones, greet guests, and gift shop customer service
- Events & Special programs: help prepare and run special events
- Artifact Acquisition/Restoration: help restore, obtain, and maintain artifacts
- Grant Writing: help with the leg work to get funds for special projects
Volunteers are given a blue SASM vest to wear while volunteering at the museum to make them easily identifiable.
Staff/ Student Work
The Stafford Air & Space Museum is owned and operated by the City of Weatherford. All museum job listings will be posted through the city. There are no jobs available at this time.
Stafford Scholars have the opportunity to work part time at the museum. This application is available to only for Western Oklahoma high school seniors. For more information, contact Southwestern Oklahoma State University .